Online Banking and Online Bill Pay
NewBridge Bank’s Online Banking is complimentary and secure. It offers all of the same, convenient services you enjoyed with Security Savings Bank’s Online Banking.
In transitioning your Online Banking services to NewBridge Bank, we will bring over 18 months of transaction history, check images and eStatements from Security Savings Bank’s Online Banking. We will also import all of your pending and recurring internal transfers. If you are an Online Bill Pay user, all of your merchants, history and pending and recurring payments will also transition to NewBridge Bank’s Online Bill Pay.
Please note: It may take several weeks to migrate all of your historical data from Security Savings Bank’s Online Banking to NewBridge Bank’s Online Banking.
1. Enter your Access ID (the same one you used for Security Savings Bank) in all lowercase letters and click "Submit." Your Access ID MUST be entered in lowercase letters for Online Banking to recognize your account. If you have upper case letters in your Access ID, you need to enter them as lower case letters. For example, if your Access ID is “OnlineUser2013,” you need to enter it as “onlineuser2013.”
2. On the Password page, enter the last four digits of your social security number and click "Submit." Through our transition, your password was reset to the last four digits of your security number. Do not enter the password you used to access Security Savings Bank's Online Banking. You will be prompted to change your password.
3. On the Change Password Page, complete the fields and click "Submit."
- In the "Old Password" field, enter the last four digits of your social security number. Do not enter the password you used to access Security Savings Bank's Online Banking.
- In the "New Password" fields, establish a new password and confirm your new password. Your new password must must be 6 to 12 characters in length and must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number. Special characters may be used but are not required.
4. On the following page, establish your Pass Phrase and Security Questions. NewBridge Bank’s Online Banking will automatically assign an Authentication Image.
5. Next, review and accept the Terms and Conditions of NewBridge Bank’s Online Banking. You will need to open the PDF of the “Terms and Conditions” to complete this step.
6. You will be asked whether or not you want to enroll in Mobile Banking and eStatements. Once you have completed these two enrollment questions, you will be directed to your homepage within Online Banking.
To learn more about NewBridge Bank's Online Banking, including site navigation and features, please watch our online demo.
If you experience difficulty using NewBridge Bank's Online Banking, please contact our Client Service Center at 800-456-6505. We are available to answer your calls Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Time.
Using Online Bill Pay
NewBridge Bank’s Online Bill Pay initiates payments differently from Security Savings Bank’s Online Bill Pay.
Security Savings Bank’s Online Bill Pay initiated your scheduled payment(s) if you had available funds to pay the bill(s). If you had available funds, Security Savings Bank would immediately deduct the money from your account(s) and send the payment(s). If you did not have available funds, the scheduled payment(s) would be delayed until you did have available funds which could result in late payments.
NewBridge Bank’s Online Bill Pay works just like a check. We will always initiate scheduled payment(s) on the date you’ve selected (as if you were physically writing a check), and the item will clear your account accordingly. This system reduces the risk of your merchants receiving late payments; however, your payment(s) will be processed even if doing so overdraws your account and initiates an overdraft (nonsufficient funds) fee.